An Insight into the Various Kinds of US Work Visas

Visa sticker on passportNot just in the US, but foreigners hoping to visit a country must have a visa. They will require either a non-immigrant or an immigrant permit.

The visa endorses that they have been allowed to stay in the said country for a given period. Before you get a visa, you must state your reasons for wanting to visit the country in question.

Foreigners coming to the US have to secure a work visa to work in Utah. For instance, an Australian national could get a non-immigrant E-3 visa and work as a teacher, economist, lawyer, computer professional or architect.

They must have a Master’s degree, though. A foreigner taking part in a cultural exchange program, on the other hand, can get a J-1 temporary visa but they must be able to support themselves financially. Below are different types of work visas.

H-1B specialized visa

H-1B visa is for foreign citizens with exceptional skills. Whether it is a teacher, engineer or lawyer, as long as they have excellent professional skills, they can get H-1B. Typically, the employer who wishes to work with the professional files the visa application for them.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) gives a specific number of these visas annually.

Intra-company transfer visa (L-1)

L-1 is for people working with international countries where they come from, who get transferred to branches within the US. To be eligible for this visa you have to work in a managerial position or a specialty occupation. You cannot get an L-1 if you are self-employed.

Special ability visa (O-1)

Non-US national workers with extraordinary work abilities qualify for this visa. The qualified candidate must have exceptional talent in education, science, arts, business or the television industry. They will only need to prove the recognition they have received in their field. They must have supporting documents.

In some cases, one may be seeking to work as a religious minister or a related occupation. In that case, they get an R-1 visa which usually is temporary. Non-profit organizations normally hire such people. Whatever the profession, to work in the US, you must have a permit and you must prove that you qualify for it.

pdf library mp3 database movie database